Here are some easy ways to practice gratitude on a regular basis. Try out a few of them to see which suits you best.
- Keep a “gratitude journal” to jot down 1-2 things you’re grateful for daily.
- Actively work on cultivating positivity by looking for a bright side to negative situations.
- Pay someone an unexpected compliment each day.
- Talk about 2-3 positive moments from the day during nightly dinner conversation.
- Offer a heartfelt – not routine – “thank you” for a mundane task, such as someone holding a door open for you at the store.
- Say out loud what you’re grateful for, even if you’re talking to yourself.
- Put a picture of your family, or whatever you’re most thankful for, somewhere you’ll see it multiple times a day.
- Donate your time to a favorite cause. Monetary donations are great, but donating your time is even more effective at making you feel grateful.